Booking Hillside Croft
Booking Hillside Croft
HILLSIDE CROFT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE
This document (‘Hillside Croft – Terms and Conditions for Use’) is intended to regulate the booking and use of Hillside Croft (‘the property’) by the document’s signatory (‘the hirer’) and those staying at the property (‘the guests’) on behalf of Lee Walker and Adam Walker (‘the owners’), as well determining the liabilities arising thereof.
BOOKING THE PROPERTY AND PAYMENT
1. Unless paid in full, in order to secure permission to access the property, the owners require:
a. immediate payment by the hirer of a non-refundable holding deposit, amounting to 30% of the value of the total balance agreed between the owners and the hirer, and
b. payment four weeks prior to arrival by the hirer of:
i. the final balance amounting to 70% of the value of the total balance agreed upon between the owners and the hirer, and
ii. a refundable security deposit to the amount of £35 per adult or child (aged three-and-over) staying at the property.
c. Upon payment, the return to the owners prior to arrival by the hirer of signed copies of this document and the supplementary document ‘Party Composition and Contact Tracing’.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
2. The hirer may not enter the property before 15:00 on the agreed arrival date without the permission of the owners.
3. The hirer must leave the property by 09:30 on the agreed departure date.
4. If on the day of arrival and as a direct result of the UK Government’s rules concerning the current pandemic, either:
a. the property or the owners are or will be subject to a ‘local lockdown’,
b. the hirer is or will be subject to a ‘local lockdown’, or
c. the owners are required to close the property, then
the owners will provide a full refund of any monies already paid to the owners, including the non-refundable holding deposit.
5. If for any other reason and at any time the owners wish to cancel the booking following payment of the non-refundable holding deposit, then they will:
a. provide a full refund of any monies already paid to the owners including the non-refundable holding deposit,
b. make reasonable efforts to search for similar alternative accommodation within the area on behalf of the hirer, and
c. communicate any such alternative accommodation to the hirer.
6. If for any other reason the hirer wishes to cancel the booking following payment of the non-refundable holding deposit, then they agree that they will forfeit the full value of that deposit.
USE OF THE COTTAGE
7. No-one is permitted to smoke inside the property.
8. Pets are not permitted.
9. We would ask that you please respect our neighbours. In particular:
a. Please keep noise levels down outside, especially after 22:00 (be aware that noise may travel through the kitchen door and open windows);
b. If you are a smoker, please use the area surrounding the hot tub and barbeque, and not the kitchen door, especially after 22:00 (a cigarette bucket is provided in this area);
c. Because access to Hillside Croft cuts across our neighbours’ properties, we would ask:
i. When driving, please do not exceed the signed speed limit of five mph (children may be playing in the area);
ii. When walking, please do not linger along the length of the driveway opposite our neighbours’ properties (this length of the driveway is for access only);
iii. When parking, please use the parking area provided (do not park on the length of the driveway beyond the boundaries of Hillside Croft or along the length of the driveway leading to the car park);
iv. If you wish to put up any signage, balloons, etc., please use the gateposts granting access directly to Hillside Croft rather than those next to the road (the latter belong to our neighbours).
10. Please do not wear high heels inside the house (they damage the oak floor).
11. Please do not place wet towels on the furniture, stair rails, wardrobe doors, or curtain rails (they raise the wax and leave water-marks).
12. If you wish to put up decorations, please do not use tape or pins – blue-tac may be used, but only on the stone walls, beams, doors and doorframes (it must not be used on plaster as it damages it).
13. If you spill anything, use only cold water (viz. do not use cleaning products or warmed water) in trying to remove the spillage – if you are unable to remove the spillage using cold water, please contact the owners immediately so that we may take appropriate action to remove it.
14. If you notice any defect to the property or break anything, please contact the owners immediately so that we may take action to fix or replace it.
15. If it rains, please ensure that the rooflights are closed (it can damage the carpets).
16. When leaving the property unoccupied, please close all of the windows and lock both of the entrance doors.
17. Please leave the kitchen and kitchenware in the state that you find it.
USE OF THE HOT TUB
18. Children aged under 12 may not use the hot tub – children aged between 12 and under 16 may only use the hot tub with adult supervision.
19. The hot tub may only be used between 10:00 and 22:00 on Fridays and Saturdays, and between 10:00 and 21:00 on all other days.
20. Noise levels must be kept to a minimum (please respect that we have neighbours).
21. No more than five people may use the hot tub at any one time (anything above this number will cause an excessive loss of water, risking chemical imbalance and damage to the hot tub).
22. Do not use any object which is made of glass or else breakable in the hot tub – for your own safety, please use the plastic cups provided.
23. When opening and closing the lid of the hot tub, please ensure that:
a. This is performed by at least two people in tandem;
b. The lid is initially opened using your fingers to lift it from underneath (please take care not to use the straps or the valence for this purpose);
c. The lid is fully opened using the bar to the side of the hot tub.
24. Please ensure that the lid is placed down and that the straps are securely fastened, after using the hot tub.
25. Do not consume alcohol or drugs before or while using the hot tub.
26. Do not smoke while using the hot tub.
27. Do not sit on or climb onto the lid of the hot tub or use it as a work surface.
28. Do not sit on the side of the hot tub.
29. Do not use the hot tub when windy.
30. Please remove all makeup (especially body lotion and fake tan) before using the hot tub (some products will result in an oily film forming on the water’s surface).
31. Please remove all jewellery, watches, etc., before using the hot tub (small objects may be sucked into the hot-tub pump).
32. Please bring your own towels for the hot tub (if towels are provided, they are for use in the bathrooms only).
33. Please ensure that you dry yourself before re-entering the house (this is to protect the carpets and the wooden floors).
34. You must not use the hot tub if instructed not to do so by the owners.
35. If at any time the hot tub is not working properly, on no account should it be used – please contact the owners immediately and await further instructions.
EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF THE OWNERS’ AND THE HIRER’S LIABILITY
36. All warranties, conditions, and other terms implied by statute and common law are excluded from this agreement to the fullest extent permitted by law.
37. Nothing in these warranties, conditions and other terms will limit or exclude the liability of the owners or the hirer for:
a. personal injury or death resulting from the negligence of the owners or the hirer, or
b. any loss resulting from fraudulent misrepresentation by the owners or the hirer.
38. Subject to (37)(b) above, the owners exclude any liability resulting from the negligence of the owners for:
a. any damage to the property of the hirer, or
b. any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses incurred by the hirer resulting from such damage to the property of the hirer.
39. Subject to (5)(a)-(c) and (37)(b) above, the owners exclude any liability resulting from the failure of the owners to find alternative equivalent accommodation for:
a. any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses incurred by the hirer resulting from the cancellation of the booking by the owners.
BREACH OF CONTRACT AND REMEDIES
40. The hirer agrees that any breach of any warranty, condition or other term in this document or any supplementary document by the hirer may result in:
a. immediate eviction.
41. The hirer agrees that any loss incurred by the owners (whether replacement, repair or other labour) resulting from any breach of any warranty, condition or other term in this document or any supplementary document by the hirer may result in:
a. forfeiture of the refundable security deposit, and
b. where serious, immediate eviction.
42. The owners agree that if any loss incurred under (41)(a) is less than the value of the refundable security deposit, then the owners will return the balance.
43. The hirer agrees that if any loss incurred under (41)(a) is greater than the value of the refundable security deposit, then the hirer will pay the balance.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided and contained in this site is correct in its accuracy. Information has been provided in good faith and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by outside agencies . We do not accept liability for any material contained within any pages of external Internet sites to which we have links and access, or is accessed from. We will not be held liable for any direct, indirect, special incidental or consequential damages arising out the use of information held on this site. We disclaim any responsibility for any, individual or group mis- interpretation, errors or omissions, inaccuracies, losses, any negligence or disappointment caused by any reliance on any information contained in this site, delays or interruptions in the delivery of information, or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein. We disclaim any responsibility in the event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of any company, individual, small business or firm referred to herein. Any confirmation of the accuracy and current status of any of the information within should be requested from the relevant, holiday accommodation owners, establishments, activity and entertainment providers or small businesses concerned.
No liability is accepted for damage to your computer hardware, data information, materials and business resulting from any information or lack of information on our website.
We will not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of, reliance on or information from our site and linked sites/pages or from the use of the Internet in general.
This will include all associated businesses, employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives, any third-party providers or sources of information or data.
The copyright and other rights in all material on this site are owned expressly by us, unless otherwise stated. Anyone using this site will be permitted to download or print information from this site for their personal use only for the finding out of information on accommodation, places to go and things to do, activities, crafts and local small businesses.
1. Any information downloaded from this site and saved on disc or hard copy may be used for personal use only for the providing of information for non business use.
2. No graphics or documents on this site are to be modified in any way, and may only be downloaded for personal non-business use.
3. All pages/copies will bear the notice copyright Hillside Croft (www.hillsidecroft.co.uk) and all information is the copyright of Hillside Croft Trust Fund (HCTF), whether or not a copyright symbol or statement is present.
4. We will consider removing any material open to any legal objection and pending investigation.
5. No part of this site or associated sites may be reproduced or stored in any public or private retrieval system or service without prior application to and written permission from us.
Information, access and use of this site is provided subject to the following conditions.
Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of all of these Terms and Conditions herein, which take effect immediately on your use of this site. You are responsible for the viewing of any changes that may be posted on line. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued use of this site after any amendments/changes constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Sections of this site contain material, graphics, photographs which have been submitted to HCTF by third parties for use on the site. HCTF hold no responsibility for the accuracy of this information and disclaims any responsibility for error, omission etc. – as per stated under disclaimer notice. Third parties are responsible for the providing of accurate and up to date information on a regular basis, and for ensuring that they comply with all laws relevant whether local, national or foreign.
HCTF reserves the right for access to this site to be suspended temporarily without notice. Whilst HCTF will endeavour to make sure that this site is available for 24 hours a day, HCTF will not be held liable if for any reason whatsoever the site is unavailable at any time or for any period due to either controlled or uncontrolled reasons.
All disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
All persons who access this site partner sites from locations either within or outside the United Kingdom are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Booking Enquiry Form
WEEKS, SHORT BREAKS OF WEEKENDS OR MIDWEEKS ARE AVAILABLE
"I organised a hen weekend at Hillside Croft recently for 12 professional women who wanted a different kind of hen weekend, that involved mostly relaxing and eating but also some walking and running. This cottage is beautiful, feels luxurious, is very well maintained and so is the perfect place to relax.
The kitchen is well equipped, hot tub a real treat, beds comfy with good quality linen. Log burning fire and beautiful bathroom were also a hit. The large dining room was perfect for long slow breakfasts and evening meals for everyone.
On organising the weekend Pat was very helpful answering my endless questions patiently and clearly.
A beautiful part of the Peak District. I would recommend this idyllic, secluded cottage to anyone. Many of the ‘hens’ asked how I found it and were very impressed. The cottage was pivotal in making the weekend a success and by Monday is was quite missed by all!"
"Just a quick message to say how much we enjoyed staying in Hillside. The property is stunning. You have restored it to the highest standard and it was a great experience living in such a fantastic house for a few days. We all enjoyed it so much."